Saturday, October 10, 2009

To Apply or Not to Apply

When I first started applying to business school, all my research seemed to come back to the "top" schools in USA - Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Kellogg/Booth, etc...

At no point did I even consider the obvious implications of the global trend in business to come to the obvious (yes over-stated/redundant use of obvious :) conclusion - What about non-US based Business Schools - what about International Business Schools like IMD, ESADE, and INSEAD?

I have my better half to thank for this eventual epiphany, which occurred over a Thai meal in her apartment in Hyde Park. She was quizzing me on topics for essay-writing and we were discussing our common international background - India, Thailand, USA - all in the last 27 years...

From that conversation onwards, I could not stop thinking/reading/researching INSEAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment